May 19, 2011

Chills & Thrills Tour - Austin!


Last Monday was the Chills and Thrills Austin stop! The lineup was Lara Chapman, Jennifer Archer, Jordan Dane, Tracy Deebs, Sophie Jordan, Tera Lynn Childs, and Mari Mancusi ! This was Lara's debut signing for her debut book! We all cheered for her and were so grateful that Austin was first!


The ladies asked the audience, "How do you find out about new books?" There were a lot of bloggers in the house, myself included, and collectively we said we learned about new books from other bloggers. Posts like Waiting on Wednesday and In My Mailbox help shine some light on those new books. For me, it is going through the publishing catalogs. I don't know why, but I love to! It allows me to see some new picture books and upcoming MGs. Although I don't review a lot of them here, I love to see what is out by some of my favorite authors. Now, Lisa McMann and Lauren Oliver are dipping into the MG pool.... Goodreads was another answer. This is a really helpful tool for me as well.

We all chatted for awhile and then it was signing time! Be jealous! ;) I met Jennifer and Jordan at TLA so I already had their books, but this is what they look like with all the other beauties.







I hope you can catch this tour when it comes near you. If not, you either need to pack up and move to Texas (you know you've been thinking about it anyway), or hop in the car for a days drive. Below are the next stops and the links will let you know who will be there. I promise you will have a lot of fun and share some laughs!

May 20, 2011
6:00pm
Waco, TX

May 21, 2011
A Real Book Store
2:00pm
Fairview, TX

May 22, 2011
B&N Northeast Mall
2:00pm
Hurst, TX

May 28, 2011
4:30pm
Houston, TX 

May 29, 2011
2:00pm
Houston, TX

These gals are SO wonderful to their fans and they want to give a little piece of the tour to you. Up for grabs is some major swag. Most of it is signed and all of it is sprinkled with author love. I encourage you to follow them all on Twitter and add their books to your "gotta read this" pile if you haven't already. 



There will be a total of 10 winners. TWO winners will win a set of signed book plates from each author and signed swag. EIGHT winners will win signed swag. Ready...go! 

*giveaway closed*